Thursday, November 6, 2014

The leaves begin to turn...

The air has a chill, the days are shorter and all around we see the world starting to sleep.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons and it's not surprising really.  There has been a lot of times in my life that I've wanted to start over, to drop everything and run off on a breeze.  Leaves do that, and a part of my mind says 'you should too...'.. the danger is listening to that part.   I've run off with the breeze a few times, and it wasn't pretty.  I've also stepped very surely into the breeze and let it carry me where I was headed - that was far more beautiful. (and less painful by spades)

This Samhain was beautiful and dark in all the right ways.  The night was full of what I needed, and I thank the spirits who visited me across the wall of the graveyard behind my house.  They're a varied group, but a good one and mostly polite.

As is my way, I went to the hem of the Goddess and stood there, listening.  She had a lot to say, and not really what ought to be repeated in the steady glow of a computer monitor, but I wonder who else heard her that night.  I know that not everyone who needed to hear her was listening.  I know that some who didn't were.  And I know that, as usual, there are those of us who are destined to carry messages with us like pebbles until we find the person to hand it to.


So as the leaves turn and fall, watch the direction of the breeze and remember that it's ok to run for a while, but roots are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment