Friday, January 1, 2016

In the dark of a New Year...

I've spent more time with family in the last few months than I have in many a year, and I've topped off that record with a week at my Father's house in Alabama. 

There is a beautiful magic in this state where the end of the Appliacians slope off and so much technology thrives. There are wildlife refuges around every corner and the wind speaks of the atrocities and beauties of this place in the same breath. 

When we return to our northern home and I look on the first snow of the winter, I'll plunge back into the root of my practice and submerge myself into the daily life of being at home 24/7 again. This is a renewing that I've needed for a while, a chance to reconnect to my home and my path. 

One of the hard parts about working a job that gives you so much stress is the interference with your practice. You lose the drive you once had, and all too soon you're wrapped up in surviving the days, not living the life you're meant for. 

So I left, and in the growing light of the new year I'll be resetting myself, finding the baseline I lost, and setting my feet firmly on the path that is now so very clear to me. 

I wish you and yours all manner of luck and great blessing in the new year. May your path be visible and attainable, and may you find the support you need to follow that path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment