Monday, October 10, 2016

The crunch of leaves and the scent of cold - Remember

My favorite season has begun. Mums are *everywhere*, the leaves are turning to their brilliant oranges and reds and yellows, pumpkin has invaded everything, the apple cider diehards are fighting the good fight for seasonal flavor dominance... it's a magical time. ;)

It is though - it's one of those points in time that I just know things are working as I draw a circle or stir the stockpot. It's also the time of year to remember a few really important things.

So, here's a list of things I remind myself of this time of year:
- no matter what I do, all the intention in the world won't work without action.
- just because I can doesn't mean I should.
- our ancestors are there to help, not to do it for us.

~~~~
It's easy this time of year to get swept up in the craziness. It's really really easy to lose sight of people being helpful and instead just see the inconvenience.

It's not always about you.

As the leaves change and the air cools and the house dries out from use of the heater remember - be helpful if you know that's what the person wants.

Take deep breaths.

Mostly, just take deep breaths and remember. That's what this time is about. Remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment