Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Moon

I found myself staring at the moon as she came into her fullness and although I was away from my gardens, I called down a blessing to my little seedlings and my window boxes.  The moon was so lovely, and the light so bright!   She was very happy last night.  As a personal training (about 2 years ago) I held a full moon ritual on every full moon for a full year. The winter months were cold, and some of the nights were soaking wet, but I was outside every month honoring the moon in her fullness.  I became more in tune with her turning, and with the wheel of the year - it was lovely walking through the year with her.  It really made me aware of the passing of time.

There are a myriad of foods that honor the moon, and that work well with moon energy.  For my ceremonies I went simple - it felt right for a solitary worker.  I baked small round wheat rolls and had a small cup of white wine.  I also added a little something corresponding to the moon it was at the time, to better honor her.  Here's a list, in case you don't have it with your grimoire or recipe book as I call it:
  • January = Wolf Moon
  • February = Storm Moon
  • March = Chaste Moon
  • April = Seed Moon
  • May = Hare Moon
  • June = Dyad Moon
  • July = Mead Moon
  • August = Wyrt Moon (green plant)
  • September = Barley Moon
  • October = Blood Moon
  • November = Snow Moon
  • December = Oak Moon

Even if it's just looking at the moon through your car window for a moment as you're driving home, or taking a few minutes to look out through your window at home, take a minute and remember the moon in her fullness, remember what it means to watch the moon phase through and hold that close.

No comments:

Post a Comment