Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A hundred steps up the mountain

I went on pilgrimage last week, to a place my heart has been before, a place my body has been in a past life, and a place my soul remembered without prompt.

I, and my soul sister and some of our friends, went to Loughcrew and stood in the largest tomb, and felt the energy of the earth roiling around us. It was beautiful and peaceful and everything I hoped it would be. There I cried for my lost loved ones, I felt the ease of their passing and I saw their shapes float into the fog around us. I heard the whistling on the wind and knew it for the voices of my long past ancestors, welcoming me back.

We walked in the long grasses there, felt the wet stone under our hands and smelled the bounty of rich earth. The air was thick with fog and every shade in the rainbow danced there in muted tones. The wind whipped up sometimes and you could see the fog move with it like lovers reunited.

My smile ran free and honest for the first time in a long time, and my soul was more at peace than ever before.


I hope the equinox went as well for you as it did for us, and the blessings of the turn of the Wheel upon you all as we move into the Fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment