Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rise up

I reference the blog at Hectate Demeter a LOT, but to be honest no one has inspired me like she has in a long while.

Lately she's been focused on the war for our planet, and our duties as magical practitioners.  Whether the war ever comes to your door is a moot point - we're all on this planet, and so it's our fight as much as anyone's. I hear the call, so do my friends... we know it's a war we have to win, but the fights are daunting sometimes.

We can't be daunted.

I've worked against people before, and I've worked for the good of a cause before too. I see people like Trump, like Bush, like the myriad of other Republican candidates, like Davis, - I see the bullies and the mean kids and the police misusing their power. I see all of this and I hear in my soul "it's time to do something." I hear quiet whispers, then I hear shouting, and I know it's not coming from me.

The fights we need to have don't have to be bloody, and they don't have to be physical. We have to push, we have to set our intention against the onslaught of intolerance that is being spewed like sewage across the natural landscape of impressionable minds. It is our job - we have the power to do something, and we are called to do it.

A great many people have cried for too, too long. Where have we been for them?

Physical actions and magical actions are what we need now. We need ceremonies as much as we need charitable giving. We need ritual as much as we need physical aid.

Be the change.
Rise up.

No comments:

Post a Comment