Friday, December 5, 2014

Out of the Kitchen and into the world

I don't think I have to explain what's all over the news right now - most everyone who finds this will know.  It's everywhere... whether you want to see it or not.

We're in Winter now, and the hem of the Crone is where I find myself when the weather turns cold and the landscape glittering in ice and snow.  On Yule I often bundle up in layers of wool, throw on my cloak and go sit outside to listen at her feet.  It's gotten me plenty of odd looks over the years, but it's always worth going.  Silent, in the cold of evening, you learn a lot about yourself and about the Goddess.

As our society is being tortured right now, as injustice and hatred and fear are gripping people still (I've heard this called "new" and I just want to scream.  This isn't new, this just has a spotlight now.) I think about sitting at the hem of the Crone and wonder what I'll hear from her this year.  I wonder what the land will have to say to me.  In truth, I'm outside less this time of year and so listening to the land is more difficult... it's hard to hear what it's saying when you don't walk it.  So part of going outside to sit on Yule is reconnecting on a night with so much significance.

You can't turn on the tv, or go to your social media of choice, without seeing the pain in the world.  It's going to be hard to heal this, if it can be healed at all, but it is something we must try to do.

This year, as Pagans, we need to be that healing.  We have a unique perspective on healing, and in the Winter when the land sleeps to build it's strength for the growing in Spring, we can use that time to store up the energy we need for the healing to come.  We have all, in our time, mended the land, mended our friends and family, mended ourselves.  We have all, as needed, joined together at one time of day across many places and sent our energies out in waves to do what is needed.

I think this is that time again.

This Yule I'll be doing just that.  Once the sun is full down, and night is upon us, I'll be standing outside and sending my energy, my hopes and healing, across the land, into the Earth, and to all who need it to help ease the pain.

I urge you to join me, whether you let me know or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment