Monday, December 22, 2014

Ways to spend a Solstice

You can spend it solitary, in quiet contemplation.

You can spend it with your circle, in a day full of rite and ceremony.  

Or, you can spend it taking moments out when you can to listen to the Goddess between loads of laundry, dishes, cooking, packing and cleaning so you can be ready for a 6pm flight after you get off work tomorrow.  ;)  

Guess how I spent mine!  

But really, it wasn't as rushed as all that.  In the flurry of things to be done, I heard the Goddess.  In the pot pie that I made for lunch I spelled for health and happiness in the coming days.  In the cleaning I did I banished the old and brought in peace and tranquility.  In stopping to look at our brilliantly lit tree I welcomed the light back and thanked the dark for it's role in my life.  

In simple chores you can find the voice of the Goddess, sometimes more clearly as your mind is distracted just enough.  

And to top off the day, I joined friends for a feast that night, many courses of wonderful food and amazing drink and many hours of wonderful conversation.  It was a perfect way to celebrate the Solstice for us.

As I sent my energy out last night, a quick ceremony in a busy place, the energy flowed well and my intention for healing went out strong.  

So as the light grows, in the coming days I wish you all blessings and happiness and rest.  Gods know the spring will be on us soon enough, and we need these days of winter to rest up and be ready for growing when the season is on us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment